The Finance Department provides financial management services for all city departments. Programs include accounting and reporting, payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, budgeting and financial planning, treasury, and investment. The department is also responsible for generating and analyzing data related to the City’s operations.
The department manages special grant programs to assist local organizations and agencies. These include:
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Grant program
- Lodging Tax Grants program
- Economic and Social Service Grants (outside agency funding)
Learn more about these programs on the grant funding webpage.
Washington Combined Excise Tax Return
- Effective April, 1 2017, Spokane Valley combined excise tax rate: 2.3 percent (.0232)
- Location code for Spokane Valley: 3213
- If you have miscoded on a previous return or have questions, please contact us at 720-5041. It is important to accurately record your sales tax collections so that the City receives the appropriate sales tax to help pay for City services in Spokane Valley.
Washington State Sales Tax
Budget and Financial Reports
Master Fee Schedule
Spokane Valley Tax Rates (includes Telephone Utility Tax information)