Spokane Valley City Hall
The Spokane Valley City Hall at 10210 E. Sprague Avenue opened in September 2017, celebrating with an open house for the community in mid-October. Prior to the construction of the City Hall, the city leased a portion of the Redwood Plaza to house its city offices and employees.
Thanks to everyone in the community who assisted with the City Hall open house. If you missed the event, here are some fun photos.
City Hall construction
The City Hall is much more than a utilitarian building housing city government and services. It is a welcoming place where stronger connections are built between citizens and the elected officials and employees who assist them.
Located in the former University City Shopping Center, long considered by locals to be the heart of Spokane Valley, the City Hall is designed to be the centerpiece of a civic center that builds community pride and contributes to a unique city identity. It is hoped that the City Hall will serve as a catalyst for economic development and new private investment in the area.
Designed for energy efficiency as well as functionality, the building's internal layout emphasizes a commitment to serving the citizens of Spokane Valley, with the most frequently accessed services conveniently located on the first floor. Council Chambers are located just inside the main entry, with enough seating capacity to welcome and encourage community members' interest and involvement in city government.
Perhaps one of the most significant accomplishments is that the City Hall was built without raising city taxes.
View City Hall facts brochure
Total project costs
- $250,000 less than the 2014 budget established for the project.
- Total cost includes the purchase of the 3.38 acre site, design, construction and related sales tax, furniture, fixtures, equipment, full basement, landscaping, hardscaping, utility undergrounding, and permit fees.
- $6,300,000 in cash set aside specifically for this purpose
- $7,850,000 in net Limited Tax General Obligation (LTGO) bond proceeds.
- 30 year bond repayment at just 2.91 percent interest
- Average annual bond repayment of $399,888 is $34,712 less than lease payments at the former Redwood Plaza location
- $8,644,926 over the next 30 years
- Total paid in rent over the last 14.5 years at our former Redwood Plaza location: $5,942,000
- 65,712 square feet, including three above-ground floors and a full basement
- Designed to accommodate reasonable minimal expansion over its anticipated 50-100 year useful life
- Energy efficient
- Offices with the most frequent interactions with the community are all conveniently located on the ground floor.