For information, contact: Carolbelle Branch, PIO
City of Spokane Valley
11707 E. Sprague Ave., Suite 106
Spokane, Valley, WA 99206
For immediate release
January 14, 2013
Nine Apply for Spokane Valley Council Position
SPOKANE VALLEY, WA --- Nine Spokane Valley residents have applied for consideration to fill a vacancy on the City Council. The vacancy resulted from the resignation of Councilmember Brenda Grassel, who resigned because she is moving outside the city.
Applications were received from:
· Kevin Emil Anderson, a retired manufacturing manager who is currently a member of the Spokane Valley Planning Commission;
· Amy Catherine Biviano, a Certified Public Accountant;
· Jonathan Robert Gibbs, a software quality assurance engineer;
· Rustin Lee Hall, president/ceo of an architectural firm and former Spokane Valley Planning Commissioner;
· Lewis Rodney Higgins, retired executive director of a non-profit who is currently a member of the Spokane Valley Planning Commission;
· Mick R. Jackson, president/ceo of an educational software firm;
· Paul Eric Rieckers, a project manager/technical writer;
· Linda June Thompson, an executive director of a non-profit; and
· Samuel P. Wood, a real estate appraiser.
The City Council will review the applications during a closed executive session on January 15, after which a list of those to be interviewed will be determined during the regular Council meeting at 6:00pm that same evening. Interviews will be conducted during an open Council meeting on Tuesday, January 29.
It is expected that the Council will make its selection during the Tuesday, February 5 Council meeting at 6:00pm. The individual selected will begin immediately upon appointment and will serve until the person elected to the position in the November 2013 general election takes office. That is expected to be on November 26, 2013, when the election results are certified.
Council meetings are held in Council Chambers, Suite 101 at Spokane Valley City Hall, 11707 E. Sprague Avenue.