Listing files in 'Administrative Exception'
AE.doc - uploaded on 5/3/2018 4:43 PM
AE.pdf - uploaded on 5/3/2018 4:43 PM
Residential Site Plan Requirements - uploaded on 4/11/2017 10:24 AM
Residential Site Plan Requirements - uploaded on 9/13/2017 4:41 PM
*Times are adjusted to the local time of the organization (GMT -7)
An administrative exception may be considered only for adjustments necessary to correct errors resulting from the inadvertent and unintentional placement of structures or incorrect identification of lot boundaries in the following circumstances:
1. Any dimensional requirement which does not exceed one foot.
2. Under the following conditions:
a. A parcel established prior to March 31, 2003, that does not meet the buildable square footage requirements for a parcel in a particular zoning district; or
b. A legally nonconforming dwelling with respect to setbacks, height and size which otherwise could not be expanded or reconstructed; or
c. A duplex constructed prior to March 31, 2003, that does not meet the minimum parcel size, which could not otherwise be reconstructed.
3. Yard setback requirements where the deviation is for 10 percent or less of the required yard.
4. Building height requirements where the deviation is for 25 percent or less of the maximum building height. Additional building height may be granted to the equivalent height of adjacent buildings in areas where the maximum building height is generally exceeded.
5. Minimum lot area requirements where the deviation is for 25 percent or less of the required lot area.
6. Maximum building coverage requirements where the deviation is for 25 percent or less of the maximum building coverage.
7. Lot width under the following circumstances:
a. Lot width requirements where the deviation is for 10 percent or less than the required lot width.
b. Lot width requirements where the deviation is greater than 10 percent; provided, that the department may require notice to affected agencies resulting in conditions of approval.
8. Up to one-half of a private tower’s "impact area" off of the applicant’s property.
9. Flanking street yard setbacks; provided, that:
a. At the time the subject parcel was legally created the property was zoned under a zoning classification of the pre-January 1, 1991, Spokane County zoning ordinance, and subsequently on January 1, 1991, a new zoning classification from the zoning code of Spokane County, Washington, was assigned to the subject property; and
b. Any flanking yard setback deviation granted under this section shall not exceed the required flanking street setback standards of the pre-January 1, 1991, zoning classification of the subject property.
10. Any improved property rendered nonconforming through voluntary dedication of right-of-way, the exercise of eminent domain proceedings or purchase of right-of-way by the City, county, state or federal agency.
Please contact the Permit Center by phone or email for more information. We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We can be reached at (509) 720-5240 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.