Congratulations to the winners!
First Place: "Summer Boulders" by Dennis Isip
Second Place: "Cuties at the Fruit Stand" by Micaela Halpin
Third Place: "Through the Woods" by Reilly Lucas
PEOPLE'S CHOICE: "Raspberry Joy" by Katelyn Foutsch
See a slideshow of all contest entries here...
"This is Spokane Valley"
Ten Year Anniversary Photo Contest
May 20, 2013 - July 31, 2013
Theme Take an original color photo that showcases at least one thing you love about the city of Spokane Valley. It could be a unique place, event, or activity in Spokane Valley, or about your family, friends and yourself having fun in Spokane Valley. The photo must portray our community positively, and should be intended to increase appreciation for the city of Spokane Valley and the people who live, work, volunteer, and play here.
- First Prize: iPad Mini 16gb with WiFi/Cellular* and bragging rights.
- Second Prize: iPod Touch 16gb 4th Generation* and bragging rights.
- Third Prize: $100 PhotoJoJo gift card and bragging rights.
- People’s Choice: iPod Touch 32gb 5th Generation* and bragging rights.
*Prizes are in the form of Apple Store gift cards for the equivalent price of the iPad® Mini 16gb with WiFi/Cellular ($459), iPod® Touch 16gb 4th Generation ($199), and iPod Touch 32gb 5th Generation ($299), excluding sales tax, shipping, and any connection, wireless, data or monthly service fees. Contest judges, city of Spokane Valley employees, councilmembers, Comcast® employees, and their immediate family members and members of their households, whether related or not, may submit photos but are not eligible for prizes. Winners must provide positive photo identification to claim their prizes. Winners of prizes valued over $600 will be required to complete a W-9 form. Any taxes due will be the responsibility of the winners. Although you may submit more than one photo, only one photo may win.
This contest is presented by the City of Spokane Valley.
Entry and Entry Period
- This contest is free and open to amateur and professional photographers, individuals, businesses, and organizations that live, work, or play in Spokane Valley.
- Entries must be submitted by 4:00pm on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 to be eligible for prizes.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the City. The City has sole discretion to determine the winning entries. All judging is final.
- Judging will be based on originality, creativity, photo quality, and effectiveness in conveying the beauty and/or unique character of the city of Spokane Valley.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, September 21, 2013 during ValleyFest at Mirabeau Park, 13500 E. Mirabeau Parkway, Spokane Valley, WA. You need not be present to win.
How to Enter
- Your photo must be your own current, original work. No memory cards, film, or negatives will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- Photo must be in color. Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified. Panoramic photos are not eligible.
- Your photo must be taken within the city limits of Spokane Valley.
- Your photo must not contain inappropriate content as determined by the City at its sole discretion, including but not limited to:
- obscene or pornographic material;
- defamatory statements, words, gestures or symbols that are widely considered offensive; and
- violations of applicable laws and regulations, including copyright and trademark laws.
- You may submit up to three photos, but only one of your photos may win and each photo must be accompanied by its own entry form.
TO SUBMIT ONLINE
- Download and complete a Photo Contest Entry form here.
- Email a high resolution digital copy of your photo in .jpeg, .bmp or .tiff format, along with a fully completed Contest Entry form any time during the official contest entry period to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If photo files are larger than 7mb each, please submit each in a separate email accompanied by an entry form.)
TO SUBMIT A PRINT
- Download and complete the Contest Entry form here, or obtain a copy from City Hall at the address below.
- Photo must be printed on glossy photographic paper in a minimum size of 8”x10”. Attach a label to the back of your photo with photo title, your name, address, phone, and address. Do not attach anything to, or make any markings on, the front of the photo.
- You may submit up to three photos, but each must be accompanied by its own entry form.
- Submit your photo(s) with completed entry form(s) no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 to be eligible to win to:
“This is Spokane Valley Photo Contest”
Spokane Valley City Hall
11707 E. Sprague Avenue, Suite 106
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
- Photos will not be returned by the City. All submitted photos become public records and are subject to disclosure if requested unless specifically exempted under chapter 42.56 RCW.
INFORMATION AND FORMS FOR DOWNLOAD/PRINT
Photo Contest Information and Official Rules
Photo Contest Entry Form
Download a Participation Release/Waiver form for printing
Information on copyrights
For more information, email email@example.com or call 509-720-5411.