Police Department FAQs

See below for answers to some of your most frequently asked questions.

How do I get a copy of a police report? 

  • Police reports for Spokane Valley are available through the Spokane Police Department Records Division, which is the shared repository for area law enforcement agencies, including the Spokane Valley Police Department.  The office is located in the Public Safety Building at 1100 W. Mallon in downtown Spokane.  You can get more information on the Spokane Police Department's Records Division web page, or call (509) 625-4030.  They can also be reached by e-mail at spdrecordsinforequest@spokanepolice.org or by FAX at (509) 625-4059.

Who do I talk to about paying a traffic ticket?

  • For information on paying a traffic ticket or for other traffic ticket related questions, contact Spokane Valley District Court, (509) 477-3390 or go to the Spokane Valley Police Precinct at 12710 E. Sprague Avenue.

Who is assigned to my case?

  • For property crimes cases that occurred within the city limits of Spokane Valley, call (509) 477-3321. 
  • For property crimes cases that occurred outside the city limits of Spokane Valley but within unincorporated Spokane County, call (509) 477-4760.
How do I obtain a gun permit? I have questions about no-shooting areas.
  • The city of Spokane Valley is a "No Shooting Zone" consistent with Spokane Valley Municipal Code 6.05.090 and 8.45.010.

How can I find out if someone is in jail?

  • Adults:  Call the Spokane County Jail at (509) 477-2278.  Adult inmates currently in Spokane County Jail can also be found on the Spokane County Detention Services Inmate Roster, where charging data can also be found.  For dates and times of visiting hours, please call the Jail number above. 
  • Juveniles under age of 18:  Call Juvenile Detention Services at (509) 477-2404, where you can also get the dates and time for visiting hours.  Juvenile criminal records are confidential, but parents/guardians can obtain the information about their minor child from Juvenile Detention Services at the number above.

How do I get back my property that was seized by the police during an investigation?

  • Police seize property for two reasons:  For evidence and for safekeeping. 
    • Evidence - Property taken as evidence will not be released until the case is resolved in the courts.  At that time, you will need to obtain a property release from the lead detective or the prosecutor.  A letter will be sent to you when your property is authorized for release. 
    • Safekeeping - If we found your property or took it from you for safekeeping, you will be able to pick it up at the Property Room at 4010 E. Alki in Spokane between 9:30am and 4:30pm on Mondays, Wednesday, or Fridays (except holidays).  The Property Room is closed for the lunch hour from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.  Photo identification will be required.

 I think there was a Police helicopter in my neighborhood.  What was going on?

  • You can get a brief rundown of the Spokane County Sheriff's Helicopter Unit, which also serves Spokane Valley, on the Spokane County Sheriff's website at www.spokanesheriff.org by selecting the Air Support Unit link, and then selecting the Incident Reports link.
Spokane Valley City Hall  ·  11707 E. Sprague Ave, Suite 106  ·  Spokane Valley, WA 99206  ·  Phone: 509-921-1000  ·  Email: cityhall@spokanevalley.org
Copyright © 2015 City of Spokane Valley. All Rights Reserved.  ·  Powered By QScend Technologies, Inc.